Recipe Card: Burgers With Pulled Pork and Secret Sauce
Burgers With Pulled Pork and Secret Sauce
Write a review
To make the pulled pork
1) 1.5 lbs of pork shoulder or Boston Butt feeds about 8-10 people. If you just want it for the burgers, you can buy less than that.
2) Season the pork with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne (or your favourite B.B.Q seasoning).
4) Place pork into a slow cooker and pour over your favourite bottle of store bought bbq sauce.
5) Cook on low for 8 hours.
6) When the pork is done, shred it with a fork.
7) Mix in more B.B.Q sauce if you like.
To make burgers
Mix 1.5 pounds of ground chuck (80 percent lean) with two cups of pulled pork. Form into small patties and brush canola oil over both sides. Then, season with salt and pepper on both sides. Fry in a grill pan, a few minutes per side. Add cheese, turn off heat and cover to let it melt. Butter both sides of slider buns and grill them.
Add your favourite condiments! I used pickled shallots, pickles, lettuce, a little bit of extra shredded pulled pork, and the secret sauce.
All the secret sauce is the homemade buttermilk ranch mixed with ketchup with a bit of salt and pepper 🙂
By Trish Bentley
The Purple Fig https://thepurplefig.com/ READ ORIGINAL POST